family history and family trees, places and faces, the bonds that unite us

Daisy Yvette Che Lah

Daisy Yvette (born Wednesday, 17 July 1935) married to Robert Jansz a civil engineering clerk (deceased circa 1988) and has seven married children – Jennifer, Christopher, Robert, Frances, Andrew, Mildred and Vicky. All the families live in Western Australia.

Jansz is a Jewish name, so says my Sabbatical supervisor, Prof Frank van Bockxmeer, DNA Lab, Royal Perth Hospital, Feb-March 1995. Frank said Jansz is also a surname of his Jewish relatives. Frank says he is related to the Jansz.

When I was doing my PhD at the University of Western Australia (UWA, 1986-1989), my family and I visited Aunty Daisy at home, close to Christmas, and we had lunch together. Most of her children also came to see us. She was a good cook. She made sambal udang kering which I particularly liked. I had never tasted the dish before and I don't know how to make the dish. I tried making it but it didn't taste as good as the one she cooked in Balga. Aunty Daisy sold off her Balga home.

Aunty Daisy moved to Mandurah, Western Australia in November 2011. Her 7 married children live in Perth and the eldest lives near Mandurah. My husband Affandi and my younger son Ibrahim visited Aunty Daisy in October 2012. Ibrahim has all the reunion photos of October 2011 (ask him in Facebook). Either Affandi or Ibrahim has Aunty Daisy's address and phone #. I had it on my table but lost the info.

Mandurah is by the coast, further down south of Perth. Take the train from Perth Station direct to Mandurah Station (with a few stops along the way, depending on which train line). Ask Affandi in Facebook for the train info.

Affandi and I phoned Aunty Daisy. Unfortunately Aunty Daisy does not use the computer and is not connected to the Internet. So we can't be connected online in Facebook. But she is fine and healthy, with memory failing a bit. But she remembers me as Tulip's daughter and the one who did PhD at UWA way back more than 20 years ago (when her husband Robert died). She asked me to come and visit her. In sya Allah, I will do just that.


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slide 1

Slide 1
355-A Glugor house

Slide 5

Slide 5
The author's den

Slide 4

Slide 4
Tulip leaving for England 1952

Slide 3

Slide 3
Dr Che Lah bin Md Joonos

Slide 2

Slide 2
Bird's eyeview of Tanjung Penaga

Slide 6

Slide 6
British officers in Penang

Quotes

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

INDEX

Roller Index

Author

My Photo
Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
I am surviving

Labels

Recent Posts

Pages (Slides)