family history and family trees, places and faces, the bonds that unite us

From Music to Languages

It was music that bound all the people in my mother's and grandfather's families. Everyone was different and we used music to come together. Everyone appreciated beautiful music. And I will never forget the beautiful moments we spent together with beautiful music playing in the background, from morn till night, weekdays and weekends. We all came together despite our differences. It was  music that softened our hearts and made us come together.

From music, the families went on to speak many languages. If I list them all down, it is amazing to see the effect of music on the minds and language acquisition. So the environment plays a very important role in developing the mind.

My grandfather - Malay, English,. Tamil
My mother - English, French and German
My father - Malay, English, Chinese, Dutch
Myself - Malay, English, some Spanish, some German
My son - Malay, English, Arabic, French, Mandarin, Japanese
My daughter - Malay, English, French
My youngest daughter - Malay, English, French

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slide 1

Slide 1
355-A Glugor house

Slide 5

Slide 5
The author's den

Slide 4

Slide 4
Tulip leaving for England 1952

Slide 3

Slide 3
Dr Che Lah bin Md Joonos

Slide 2

Slide 2
Bird's eyeview of Tanjung Penaga

Slide 6

Slide 6
British officers in Penang

Quotes

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

INDEX

Roller Index

Author

My Photo
Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
I am surviving

Labels

Recent Posts

Pages (Slides)