family history and family trees, places and faces, the bonds that unite us

Ageing

I have discovered yesterday and the day before that I have become old. Now that I am old, I have fewer friends but beautiful ones. They are my precious friends. Now that I am old, I have more money than I need. I don't need a lot of things I needed before. I don't need to buy baby milk formula, nappies, baby lotion and soap, baby clothes, and baby food. I am a lot richer in my old age when I was poor when I was trying to grow my family. So I am happy that I am old to see how far I have come in my life. I don't need new glasses anymore; I can see Quran very clearly without my glasses. So I am happy now that I am old. The kids at TESCO called me "Nenek" and I am happy with that. It feels really great to be able to live this long and live peacefully without worries. Nothing beats the joy this life brings to me. I'm happy as the days go by. ALHAMDULILLAH.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slide 1

Slide 1
355-A Glugor house

Slide 5

Slide 5
The author's den

Slide 4

Slide 4
Tulip leaving for England 1952

Slide 3

Slide 3
Dr Che Lah bin Md Joonos

Slide 2

Slide 2
Bird's eyeview of Tanjung Penaga

Slide 6

Slide 6
British officers in Penang

Quotes

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

INDEX

Roller Index

Author

My Photo
Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
I am surviving

Labels

Recent Posts

Pages (Slides)