family history and family trees, places and faces, the bonds that unite us

Azizah Begum bt Habib Noohu

I first met Azizah Begum bt Habib Noohu at HUSM in Kelantan in September 1983 when I first worked there. We both had our first daughters at the hospital on the same day, 26 April 1984. Our daughters also have similar names.

Azizah is my mother's relative but I don't know how we are related. She said we are also related to the famed saint in Singapore, Habib Noh al-Habshi.

I'm still finding out how we are related, and how we are related to Habib Noh al-Habshi. I have not been to Maqam Habib Noh in Singapore. Bapak's ancestor's mosque, Masjid Hj Muhammad Salleh (@ Nakhoda nan Intan) lies at the foothill of the Maqam. The two great men were good friends.

Azizah has moved from USM in Penang to a university in Pahang. I have her details somewhere.

Azizah and her daughter at USM Chancellory building

The Grand Saint of Singapore:
http://wardahbooks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=127

As-Sayyid Habib Noh bin Muhammad Al-Habshi
https://pondokhabib.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/antara-7-wali-allah-di-tanah-melayu-as-sayyid-habib-nuh-al-habsyi-rahimahullah-1788m-1866m/
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slide 1

Slide 1
355-A Glugor house

Slide 5

Slide 5
The author's den

Slide 4

Slide 4
Tulip leaving for England 1952

Slide 3

Slide 3
Dr Che Lah bin Md Joonos

Slide 2

Slide 2
Bird's eyeview of Tanjung Penaga

Slide 6

Slide 6
British officers in Penang

Quotes

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

INDEX

Roller Index

Author

My Photo
Kubang Kerian, Kelantan, Malaysia
I am surviving

Labels

Recent Posts

Pages (Slides)